to create a Maple Leaf User Account now.
Career Centre Search Results
Position Detail Summary
Production Manager-St. Mary's
Maple Leaf Consumer Foods
Ontario - St Marys
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the incumbent is responsible through plant operations for producing the highest quality products in the most effective and efficient manner, within the framework of Company policy and government regulations. The incumbent is responsible for efficiency, yield, Health & Safety, absenteeism, Food Safety and Quality initiatives as reported from the plant operation. He/she continuously strives for improvement in these areas through staff development, new work flow methods, new equipment, good labour relations, promotion of safe work standards, and sound CFIA relationships.
- Provide leadership to production staff, including one (1) Senior Production Supervisor, six (6) Production Supervisors and 525 unionized hourly paid employees
- Foster and maintain a positive labour relations environment by ensuring that all employees are treated with respect, grievances are dealt with in a timely manner, and employees are communicated with in an open manner
- Motivate employees to embrace the Leadership Edge Values
- Monitor production inputs and outputs to minimize product loss; compliance and enforcement of the Occupational Health and Safety programs, and working towards achieving an accident free facility
- Communicate the implementation of new or changes to Standard Operating Procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices and HACCP to ensure consistent product quality and progressive food safety program
- Support and participate on food safety/control audits
- Champion continuous improvement for the manufacturing processes in supporting Six Sigma methodologies, leading meetings and specific projects (manufacturing excellence, etc.) to optimize production operations
- Interact regularly with all other managers and other team members, including Quality Assurance, Health & Safety, Maintenance, Finance, Six Sigma, R&D, Distribution, Process Specialist and Human Resources utilizing daily manufacturing reports that capture manufacturing performance
- Control departmental operating costs ensuring all product orders are produced on time with no shortfall in quality or quantity
- Assist the Plant Manager with developing a cohesive, competent management team and planning for capable management succession by effectively acquiring, developing, and motivating manufacturing personnel
- Backup to the Plant Manager in his absence
- Participate in the review and recommendation for capital improvements for equipment and plant facilities
- Prepare yearly operating budgets, standard cost of goods for raw materials, direct labour and plant overheads
- Be flexible, capable and willing to be hands on in the performance of any technical or production related task as the circumstances require
- Co-ordinate the slaughter schedule with live bird procurement team
our relations, promotion of safe work standards, and sound CFIA relationships.
Preferred Hiring Criteria
6 - 9 years
University - undergraduate degee
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Post secondary education in one of the following disciplines: food science, business, engineering, or operations management
- 5 to 10 years of production experience in a food processing (preferably poultry) industry
- 5 or more years experience in a management role within a unionized work environment
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven decision making ability using various analytical tools (variance reports, downtime analysis, SWOT analysis, Six Sigma metrics, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage conflict and build teams
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- A proven track record of being pro-active, taking the initiative
- Knowledge of HACCP and Health and Safety regulations
Maple Leaf Foods is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you wish to apply to any of Maple Leaf's posted positions through the Career Centre, or if you wish to register your resume with us for our candidate search purposes, you need to create a Maple Leaf account.
If you already have a Maple Leaf account click
to create a Maple Leaf User Account now.
All trademarks and contents are the property of Maple Leaf Foods Inc. and/or Canada Bread Company Limited unless otherwise indicated herein.
© Copyright Maple Leaf Foods Inc. and/or Canada Bread Company Limited, 2001. All Rights Reserved.