Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,000 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
Here at the Maple Leaf Foods Guelph location we are dedicated to providing consumers safe, great tasting children lunches, children and adults snack packs in a safe working environment.
The Maintenance Millwrights will be responsible for maintaining and servicing equipment used in the facility for daily production. They will ensure safe plant operations and a safe working environment for all employees.
· Responsible for inspecting and examining machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions
· Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, schematic and drawings to determine work procedures and/or order necessary parts.
· Trouble shoot repairs, install processing and packaging equipment with a working knowledge of electrical, utilities and facilities systems to allow efficient repair/replacement result
· Conduct planned preventive & predictive maintenance and keep maintenance records.
· Actively participate in preventive maintenance program on building equipment processing equipment daily by providing recommendations for improvement.
· Efficient production equipment set up, inspection and shutdown of all related equipment when required, including process changeovers.
Assist in planning, organizing of work activities (drawing interpretation, parts preparation).
· Install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain industrial equipment and power transmission, pump, vacuum, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
· Perform department PMs, including but not limited to cleaning, lubricate and other routine maintenance work
· Follow all safety and food safety training and department SOPs
· Perform basic level welding including TIG welding, brazing, flame cutting and electric arc welding in the flat and horizontal positions
· Perform building and property maintenance as required
· Participate in spare parts control system and follow all department rules and regulations
· All mechanics are responsible for housekeeping and cleaning maintenance shop and area clean – including metal rack, outside scrap bins and welding station
· Minimize production downtime by responding to production calls promptly
· Assist with troubleshooting and repairs of production equipment in a safe, food safe and timely manner
· Competently operate and monitor any mechanical controls on equipment.
· Move tools, equipment and other materials to and from work areas.
· Ensure that all equipment maintenance and modifications are conducted to minimize cross contamination and ensure product quality and safety
· Comply with all regulations relating to equipment and chemical approvals within a food manufacturing facility
· Take active role in dismantling and assembling equipment and machines for deep cleaning
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Licensed Millwright
- Knowledge of conveyors, high speed slicers, pumps / compressor, electrical / electronic controls.
- Knowledge of pipe fitting practices and steam piping.
- Working knowledge of vacuum systems, pneumatics and hydraulics.
- Strong SAP skill sets
- Must be able to work independently, work with contractors and other Reliability personnel
- Strong working knowledge of HMI (Human Machine Interface), electric motor controls, programmable logic controllers, basic wiring circuits and skills necessary to safely test common electrical systems and make minor repairs where permitted.
- Must have a full complement of personal / professional hand tools
- Perform any other duties as assigned
- Excellent oral and written communication, and computer skills required
- Experience in a Food Processing facility would be considered an asset
**Must be available to work moderate overtime including weekends and work rotating shifts**