Titre du poste : Insights Manager, Syndicated Research
Société : Aliments de consommation Maple Leaf
Service : Marketing
Date de publication : 2020-01-14 10:37:06
Endroit : Mississauga - ON
N° de référence : 13110844
Type d'emploi Full Time
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Insights Manager, Syndicated Research
- Six core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do what’s right
- Deliver winning results
- Build collaborative teams
- Get things done in a fact-based, disciplined way
- Learn and grow, inwardly and outwardly
- Dare to be transparent, passionate and humble
The Insights Manager, Syndicated Research is responsible for the management and effective use of all syndicated information sources used at Maple Leaf Foods. The role ensures that Maple Leaf Commercial teams across North America are able to fully leverage information and insights from available date to drive timely business decisions. Continuous development and improvement of tools and processes to enhance the analytic capability of MLF are key to this role. The Insights Manager, Syndicated Research will work closely with teammates who specialist in Sensory and Consumer research to build a comprehensive picture of the influences on and behaviours of our consumers. The position reports to the Director, Consumer Insights.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
What we have to offer you:
- Manage relationships with syndicated information suppliers (eg. Nielsen MarketTrack, Nielsen Homescan, Nielsen ScanTrack(US), GlobalData, Ipsos FIVE, SPINS, Euromonitor, etc.) to define and acquire appropriate data sources to meet the changing needs of the MLF organization in Canada and the US
- Ensure that data sources are continuously maintained so that no issues with data integrity arise
- Develop and implement an ongoing training/development programs for MLF Commercial staff to ensure that analytic excellence is continuously reinforced and improved
- Provide ongoing coaching to Commercial staff for ongoing skill development in the effective use of information
- Collaborate with partners in Information Services to develop and implement research tools that employ current technologies such as AI to improve efficiency and effectiveness of mining big data sets
- Leverage analytic teams in external supplier organizations; manage research requests to ensure that deliverables meet expectations and that external resources are appropriately deployed
- Liaise with Category Management colleagues to optimize use of retailer/loyalty databases where these information sources are required to round out discrete analyses
- Has responsibility for cross-category analyses and summaries for use by Senior Leadership team, Board of Directors and Investor communications.
- Work with Consumer Insights team members to develop thought leadership presentations on emerging trends and changing consumer behaviours that impact MLF’s business
What you will bring:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- 5+ years experience generating insights using Nielsen Canada and/or Nielsen US data sources
- Bachelor degree and/or MBA with focus on Marketing or Market Research or Statistics
- Coaching/training experience to develop analytic knowledge and capabilities of others
- Experience with the development of advanced analytic applications that leverage current technology
- Exemplary communication skills: written, verbal, presentation
- Thorough knowledge of database structures, particularly Nielsen MarketTrack and Homescan
- Working knowledge of relational databases an asset
- Advanced skill with Microsoft applications: Excel, Powerpoint, PowerBI
- Positive, curious, creative and innovative thinker with the ability to energize and influence
- Strong business acumen, self-motivated and ability to prioritize to meet deadlines
- Cooperative and collaborative with the ability to forge strong internal and external relationships
- Must be proactive and performance driven, have a bias for action and be able to work under pressure in a very fast paced environment
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.