A Sustainable Protein Company
We are proud of our roots, which we can trace back over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we work to reconnect families with the goodness of food. We are helping to transform the world’s food system so that it can survive, and thrive, for generations to come.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong, values-based culture, where dedicated employees take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, our customers and our communities. Our 11,500 employees thrive in an engaging, open and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and responsibility. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Human Resources Administrator - Brandon
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will do:
The Human Resources Administrator oversees all hourly employee engagement programs and champions special events for the plant, in addition to providing administrative responsibility for a number of plant programs including probationary employee performance tracking, locker inventory and administration, and hourly vacation booking processes. The Human Resources Administrator also provides support to the HR Advisors by assisting with preparation of routine discipline (i.e. attendance management letters).
What we have to offer you:
- Coordinates all aspects of hourly engagement programs (i.e. Employee of the Month, Team Thank You, Employee Roundtables, STAR Awards)
- Liaises with Production Supervisors to facilitate the 30/60/90-day review program for hourly probationary employees
- Plans, coordinates, and executes special events for the plant (i.e. Children’s Holiday Party, Take Our Kids to Work Day, United Way campaign, and other events/celebrations that take place during the year)
- Manages all aspects of locker administration, ensuring we have an accurate inventory of available lockers and performing monthly locker audits; coordinates annual locker cleaning
- Assists HR Advisors in preparation of routine attendance management discipline
- Creates posters and other media communications for plant events and announcements
- Administers the hourly vacation booking process – preparing booking sheets, educating Supervisors on process, ensuring CBA requirements and timelines are met; meeting obligations for communication and publication
- Champions the Long Service Award program for hourly and salaried employees; including retiree recognition
- Submits and receives department supply orders
- HR records retention lead; ensuring archiving and destruction per corporate and legislative requirements
- Other duties as assigned
• Career development opportunities. Your career will not stop at this role, this is just the beginning
• Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
• Defined Contribution Pension Plan
• Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
• Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, and be a self-starter
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to perform work with accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to take the initiative, problem solve and multi-task
- Working knowledge of Manitoba employment legislation and labour relations practices; and working knowledge of HR trends and practices
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.