Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in
Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
The starting wage of $17.85 which increases to $19.83 after six of employment
. Maple Leaf Foods supplies all necessary safety equipment up to specified limits (Probationary period must be met for boot reimbursement). The successful applicant will assist the drivers on deliveries of day old chicks, and will be required to back up chick delivery and egg truck drivers as required. When not required on deliveries or egg pickup, may be required to work in other areas of the hatchery.
Shifts are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday. Start time may vary from 530am-10am.
Duties in Hatchery include:
· Assisting with chick delivery
· Backup for egg pickup driver and chick truck driver including leading delivery staff and completion of paperwork
· Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· Demonstrate commitment to safe work practices
· Must understand and follow all Animal Welfare/HACCP/Biosecurity procedures (Training will be provided)
· Must have a DZ license with clean drivers abstract
· Willing and able to work flexible hours, including some Wednesdays and weekends as required (e.g. early starts and/or late end times)
· Must be in good physical condition – able to lift up to 50 lb. overhead repetitively
· Proven communication and interpersonal skills
· Able to complete work without supervision
· Able to work in extreme weather hot or cold
· Delivery experience an asset
WHY Maple Leaf Foods, Hanover?
· Training provided where needed
· Reputable company
· Competitive Wages
· Opportunities to participate in Benefits and Pension plans for permanent employees
· Great team environment
· Employee Assistance Program
If interested, please send resume by fax: 519-364-4692 or by email email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment.