Position Title: Finance Manager
Company: Maple Leaf Foods
Date Posted: 2019-02-26 08:03:55
Location: Seattle - WA
Reference No.: 11969902
Emp. Type: Full Time
At Field Roast we see ourselves as a continuation of the tradition of making foods throughout the ages. Bakers, butchers, cheese makers, grain millers have been feeding our community for thousands of years. We celebrate and honor the great food making traditions of Europe and Asia and bring them together in Seattle to create something special.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
Finance Manager - Seattle
This position provides financial leadership to the plant management team. This position works closely with plant management to identify opportunities to improve results within the plant. This position is responsible for the coaching and day to day direction of finance staff.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
• Provide assistance in planning for SAP relating to master data, plant finance, and cost center setups
• Provide timely and accurate daily weekly cost reporting to the plant management team.
• Provide accurate weekly / monthly forecasts for overall plant results
• Lead all period-end financial activities for the plant
• Interpret financial results and act as a consultant to help identify, recommend and support potential courses of action
• Integral part of new product costing (from development to launch) and ensure current product costing accurately reflects the manufacturing process by product
• Perform periodic analysis of overhead spending and provide management with the information required to make future spending decisions
• Work with the plant team to ensure that financial documents and business case write ups provide pertinent analysis and sufficient justification to support capital expenditures
• Manage the overall budget process for the plant. Work with functional managers to ensure budget submission is complete, accurate and on time.
• On site responsibility to ensure accounting procedures adhere to International Financial Reporting Principles (IFRS) and approved corporate policies
• Provide guidance and coaching to non-finance managers regarding issues of financial control and compliance
• Responsible for managing the performance of direct reports including coaching and feedback
What we have to offer you:
• Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
• Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
• Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
• Defined Contribution Pension Plan
• Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
• Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
• College Education in a finance/business related program required
• 5+ years of progressive manufacturing costing experience in an ERP environment (SAP Ideal)
• Has a professional accounting designation (CPA)
• Previous supervisory experience required
• Ability to work and provide coaching within a team environment
• Ability to coach and mentor others
• Excellent planning and organizational skills plus the ability to manage multiple priorities
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to present financial information to non- financial functions.
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong problem solving skills
• Advanced knowledge of MS office
• Self-motivated, self-starter
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Field Roast, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.