A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Administrative Assistant - Marketing (Summer Student)
- Six core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do what’s right
- Deliver winning results
- Build collaborative teams
- Get things done in a fact-based, disciplined way
- Learn and grow, inwardly and outwardly
- Dare to be transparent, passionate and humble
The purpose of the role is to effectively assist with the day-to-day administrative requirements for the Marketing Department. You will provide outstanding support in a highly organized, professional and confidential manner. You are a wizard in administrative duties with strong problem-solving skills. You understand the importance of building and maintaining relationships across the organization and with external Stakeholders. You are proactive, progressive and professional with a high degree of initiative. Successful candidate to start asap and length of role to last through end of August with potential for extension.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will do:
• Coordinate and book travel (flights, hotel, car etc.)
Some calendar management for the Marketing VP’s
• Liaise with internal and external business and administrative contacts, creating positive and mutually beneficial working relationships
• Assist with the preparation of business reports, presentations and other documents as required
• Prepare and submit expense reports accurately and on a timely basis
• Assist with planning and coordinating of offsite meetings, group, project and team events when required
• Provide support for projects and special assignments as required
• Any other responsibilities as assigned to help support the Marketing Department
What you will bring:
• Post-secondary education
• Ability to operate independently with strong organizational skills and ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and/or requests in a fast paced changing environment with limited daily direction
• High energy, positive outlook and results driven with an interest in taking ownership and assuming accountability
• This position requires exceptional MS Office suite skills (Email, Calendar, PowerPoint, Excel and Word) and the ability to learn new systems as required
• A team player with a disciplined, self-directed, mature, professional approach to their work
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
• Strong knowledge of administrative processes and internal resources
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality where required
• Understands and applies the company’s Leadership Edge values
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.