Position Title: Industrial Millwright/Mechanic - Night Shift
Company: Maple Leaf Foods
Department: Manufacturing (hourly)
Date Posted: 2019-10-16 08:02:22
Location: Winnipeg - MB
Reference No.: 12861271
Emp. Type: Not specified
MILLWRIGHT MECHANIC (NIGHT SHIFT)
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Six core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do what’s right
- Deliver winning results
- Build collaborative teams
- Get things done in a fact-based, disciplined way
- Learn and grow, inwardly and outwardly
- Dare to be transparent, passionate and humble
As part of Maple Leaf Food’s Maintenance team, the individual will be responsible for maintaining and servicing equipment used in the facility for the daily production of our products. Furthermore, they will ensure safe plant operations and a safe working environment for all employees. Our millwright rate is $41.26/hour, with an additional premium of $0.40/hour for the night shift.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Trouble shooting/repairs/installations of processing equipment with a working knowledge of electrical to allow efficient repair/replacement results,
- Carry out oral/printed work requests and apply corrective action,
- Perform regular Work Orders and account for inventory and labour on a computerized maintenance program,
- Extensive mechanical knowledge including power transmission, pneumatics and hydraulics,
- Be able to read and understand mechanical drawings/schematics,
- Machining and fabricating for equipment repairs and/or upgrades,
- Welding of equipment or part repair,
- Understand and adhere to all plant Food/Health and Safety Polices.
- Must have Red Seal Certification,
- Must have own hand tools,
- Knowledge of plant and equipment operations,
- Ability to organize and plan daily tasks with minimal supervision,
- Ability to work in a team based environment,
- Must be able to work overnight shift
- Good mathematical, analytical and problem solving skills,
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
- Available for weekend overtime as production demands require
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment.