Position Title: Facilities Coordinator / Reception (Contract)
Company: Maple Leaf Foods
Date Posted: 2019-12-20 11:52:25
Location: Mississauga - ON
Reference No.: 13037491
Emp. Type: Contract
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Facilities Coordinator / Reception (Contract)
- Six core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do what’s right
- Deliver winning results
- Build collaborative teams
- Get things done in a fact-based, disciplined way
- Learn and grow, inwardly and outwardly
The Receptionist & Facilities Coordinator is accountable to greet and accommodate guests as the main point of contact at Reception and to provide administrative support to the manager as needed. The role is an integral part of our Facilities team (FACES) contributing to the efficient operations of our Meadowvale campuses, and assist with the greater departmental needs of the Health, Safety, Security & Environment (HSSE) team.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
What we have to offer you:
- ·Greets visitors and answers questions to guests and employee.
- Answers calls that do not get addressed through the Call Pilot
- Responsible for updating the Global Address List (GAL) in Outlook
- Monitors FACES inbox and directs questions/actions appropriately
- Creates expense reports for Manager, Facility Services and Facilities Technical Associate, and the Senior OHS Team
- Manages all travel bookings for the Senior OHS team
- Develops master schedule of vendors/contractors.
- Schedules vendors/contractors for routine work and maintenance
- Manages Contractor Check database, coordinates with new vendors/contractors
- Reviews Contractor Checklist with contractors prior to work being completed
- Member of Joint Health & Safety Committee
- Prepares monthly JHSC presentations (eg, first aid topics, emergency response etc)
- Manages floor inspection process and schedule
- Reviews floor inspection completion status and maintains file of completed inspection reports
- Distributes floor inspection deficiencies as appropriate
- Manages Emergency Response Team volunteer selection
What you will bring:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- Post-secondary education preferred
- 2+ years of work experience (preferably in Office Administration, Facilities, or Customer Service)
- Customer service oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work under time pressures
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate as an effective team member
- Attention to detail
- Proficient in Word and Excel
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.