Position Title: IS Architect, PMO
Company: Maple Leaf Foods
Department: Information Solutions
Date Posted: 2020-02-13 11:16:20
Location: Mississauga - ON
Reference No.: 13213108
Emp. Type: Full Time
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
IS Architect, PMO – Meadowvale
- Six core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do what’s right
- Deliver winning results
- Build collaborative teams
- Get things done in a fact-based, disciplined way
- Learn and grow, inwardly and outwardly
- Dare to be transparent, passionate and humble
The IS Architect, PMO role resides in the Project Management Office and is responsible for end-to-end project delivery based on organizational goals and objectives. The successful candidate will demonstrate advanced project management experience including a full understanding but not limited to the SAP full implementation and total project life cycle, possess excellent problem-solving and communication skills, a high degree of flexibility, and ability to collaborate at all levels.
This position leads and manages the project and is accountable for project deliverables and results, with full accountability and authority to multiple stakeholders for the development, execution, and monitoring of the project, including: (1) vision and technical strategy; (2) project management; (3) documentation and communication; (4) stakeholder(s) relationships; and (5) coordination and synergy with other projects and operational activities. (6) change management to support the successful implementation of the project.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
What we have to offer you:
- Lead the planning of projects consisting of managing timelines and coordination of an integrated project team and sub-team activities (internal and external resources)
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
- Define project scope, tasks and estimate resource skills and requirements in a detailed project plan
- Perform quality assurance on deliverables including setting and controlling scope, budget and timeline
- Communicating status and vision to client management and stakeholders
- Budget forecasting, budgeting and tracking
- Execute change management activities for go live readiness
- Manage project execution to approved timelines, deliverables, and budget; communicate progress, key issues, and risks to all stakeholders
- Prepare project related content materials as required inclusive of Sponsor Committee updates and project status reports that capture status, key issues, risks, mitigating actions, and potential solutions per the standard MLF program/project governance and methodology
- Track project deliverables using the standard MLF tools (SharePoint and MS Project Server)
What you will bring:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- 8+ years related Project Management and Agile field experience
- Minimum of 3 successful full SAP implementations as Project lead role
- Experience leading change and managing in a complex environment
- Managing a team with more than 20 team members preferred
- Demonstrated leadership who inspires a team and managerial skills
- Demonstrated client relationship management skills
- Ability to work closely with Process Owners and other key stakeholders to communicate progress and vision and facilitate buy-in
- Strong process and industry knowledge within CPG
- Deep understanding of SAP software; preferably in Supply Chain and Manufacturing but not limited to
- Deep understanding of project implementation and agile methodologies
- A facilitator who is able to influence and manage change
- Flexible management style with ability to adapt leadership style to situation
- Ability to manage large volume of work through effective prioritization, communication and excellent execution
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in dealing with all levels of the business
- Solid business sense – in tune with the business, shows an interest in the other departments of the business and how they contribute to the overall success of the company
- A proven problem solver with ability to manage in ambiguous and complex environment
- Self-starter with strong bias for action and follow through
- University undergraduate degree in related discipline or equivalent
- PMP certification preferred
- Agile certification nice to have
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.