Position Title: Finance Analyst
Company: Maple Leaf Foods
Date Posted: 2020-02-13 12:32:34
Location: Lethbridge - AB
Reference No.: 13213342
Emp. Type: Full Time
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Finance Analyst - Lethbridge
- Six core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do what’s right
- Deliver winning results
- Build collaborative teams
- Get things done in a fact-based, disciplined way
- Learn and grow, inwardly and outwardly
- Dare to be transparent, passionate and humble
The Financial Analyst (FA) assists in coordinating the financial reporting and analysis activities in the Lethbridge operations. This position works closely with operations to accurately reflect the results and provide expertise, analysis and support.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
Ensuring Production is complete and accurate, preparing yield reports and reporting on Inventory
- Prepare detailed yield/manufacturing analytics to operations and management for decision making purposes.
- Ensure all production and inventory information is correctly reported and provide a daily yield report to manufacturing.
- Be a yield subject matter expert
- Populate front-end transaction template, and manually input non automated production transactions (goods movements) into SAP
- Provide support and assistance with Bill of Material changes.
- Provide financial analysis on Bill of Material change requests.
- Assist with yearly labour and yield standards
- Be familiar with new Sku process and master data. Assist in ensuring all new Sku’s are setup correctly.
Processing hog procurement data for Payment to Producers
- Process hog data for settlement to Producers and ensure accurate settlement calculations for live hog purchases
- Send all producer statements to producers by email and/or fax for each day
- Send producer settlement totals to Accounts Payable for payment processing
What we have to offer you:
- Play a key role in period end reporting and the closing process.
- Coordinate period end inventory counts and reconciliations, investigate & provide explanations for variances
- Support balance sheet account balances each period.
- Provide vacation coverage for Finance Team Members as required.
- Ensure critical weekly and monthly deadlines are met and provide accurate and timely reporting
- Support Plant Continuous Improvement projects and achievement of plant target
What you will bring:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- Post-secondary education in an Accounting program
- Accounting Designation or near completion
- Must be committed to work weekends prior to Period End
- Proficiency with MS Office, especially Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of SAP or MS Access is an asset
- The ability to work cross-functionally
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.