Position Title: Customer Insights Manager
Company: Maple Leaf Foods
Date Posted: 2020-03-25 07:33:41
Location: Mississauga - ON
Reference No.: 13352264
Emp. Type: Full Time
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Customer Insights Manager
- Six core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do what’s right
- Deliver winning results
- Build collaborative teams
- Get things done in a fact-based, disciplined way
- Learn and grow, inwardly and outwardly
- Dare to be transparent, passionate and humble
The Customer Insights Manager is responsible for working with the CBT (Customer Business Team) to bring CAP (Customer Alignment Plans) and Marketing priorities to fruition, while proactively bringing fact based, market relevant solutions and insights to both the CBT and the customer to drive strategic category solutions.
The key relationship accountabilities are to:
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- CBT as part of the CBT Management Team, and working with the CBDM’s, Director and VP/GM to manage priorities.
- Client Merchandising team, with a key focus to build strategic plans and priorities (a defined work plan).
- The Customer Insights team, sharing best practices and category insights from CIM to CIM and within the Vendor Advisor team.
What we have to offer you:
- Retailer driven category reviews, (with alignment from the client merchandising team to what categories will be reviewed) that integrate POS, syndicated market and consumer data, resulting in the establishment of strategies for assortment, pricing, promotion & shelving that reflect the retailer’s and Maple Leaf’s strategies.
- Manage the tracking, communication and follow-up with the CBT of strategic business goals including, Joint Business Planning targets, Renovation Scorecards and innovation.
- Analyzing shopper and consumer data to evaluate the performance of Maple Leaf brands within a category, understanding what elements of the marketing mix (pricing, promotion, assortment, shelving, competition) are driving results, with a perspective provided as to what is working well in the market and represents opportunities for the CBT.
- Creating fact based, comprehensive and compelling stories that provide solutions for opportunities uncovered by their own periodic reviews, or reviews led by Finance or Customer Business Teams.
- As a broader member of the Customer Business Team, this individual will be engaged in building relationships with key customer contacts, where they will be viewed as a category expert.
- Internal best practice sharing from CIM to CIM and within the Vendor Advisor team.
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual analysis of customer specific data to identify performance opportunities, and to recommend solutions to close gaps.
- Prepare a work plan with identified strategic projects that is built with the customer.
- Build category plans for priority categories aligned with the retailer’s strategy and Maple Leaf’s brand strategy, identifying category role, optimal assortment, shelving, pricing and promotion.
- Prepare selling presentations that advance our brand performance with retailers, highlighting opportunities and specific recommendations.
- Deliver category insights that explain current performance or the impact of tactics implemented to deliver targets.
- Ongoing evaluation of the category within the retailer that identifies opportunities for our brands.
- Work collaboratively with Customer Business Team, marketing, customer insights / category development, and shopper marketing to create solutions to solve business issues or realize opportunities.
- Share best practices across BU’s and team.
What you will bring:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- Category Management / Vendor Advisor experience with a retailer.
- Trade Marketing experience to align customer strategy to future company innovation.
- Selling story creation and selling across categories / retailers.
- Shopper Research implementation with Agencies to gain retail advantage.
- Project management with internal and external resources at multiple levels.
- Strong Shelving understanding via Vendor Advisor or Category management background.
- Analytical Skills and selling with POS, Shipment, Markettrack, Panel and Qualitative data.
- Shopper Research Methodology understanding.
- Category Visionary work.
- Excellent leadership, collaboration, and communication skills.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.