Position Title: Vendor Advisor
Company: Maple Leaf Foods
Date Posted: 2020-03-25 10:45:07
Location: Mississauga - ON
Reference No.: 13352750
Emp. Type: Full Time
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
- Six core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do what’s right
- Deliver winning results
- Build collaborative teams
- Get things done in a fact-based, disciplined way
- Learn and grow, inwardly and outwardly
- Dare to be transparent, passionate and humble
The Vendor Advisor is responsible for analyzing customer specific data and providing ongoing reviews and recommendations addressing category performance, assortment, pricing, promotion and shelving to optimize retailer performance. Maple Leaf is awarded this role by the retailer and categories are assigned as awarded. This role is viewed as an unbiased source of category insights by the retailer and therefore cannot report directly to the Customer Business Team, however they will be a member of the CBT as it relates to understanding category strategies and trends. The role reports directly to the Director, Category Management & Customer Insights and is part of a team of Vendor Advisors working with Wal-Mart and Loblaw.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
What we have to offer you:
- Periodic reviews of category performance leveraging Customer specific data sources to determine opportunities for improvements to shelving, assortment, pricing and promotional tactics.
- Recommends optimal assortment strategies by region for all products in the category.
- Development and maintenance of category plan-o-grams, executed in key timeframes as determined by the retailer.
- Completes ad hoc analysis related to retailer specific requests
- Provides recommendations for pricing and promotional strategies that will build category performance.
- Builds a strong relationship with retailer’s category managers and is seen as a trusted advisor for the category. Has deep knowledge of retailer strategies and role of the category.
- Liaises with the CBT and marketing as appropriate to understand Maple Leaf’s strategies and opportunities.
- Deliver category insights that explain current performance and highlights opportunities to improve performance vs. the marketplace.
- Provide ongoing category business health overviews.
- Provide assortment recommendations for the category.
- Create category plan-o-grams and secure alignment from retailer.
- Provide recommendations and perspective on pricing and promotional strategies that will optimize category performance.
- Complete ad hoc requests.
What you will bring:
- Bachelor degree in Business, Math, or statistics
- 1-3 years of experience in Category management, with at least 1 year of Vendor Advisorship
- Advanced knowledge of retailer data sources (Retail Link, LCL), and advanced knowledge of Nielsen tools (answers desktop, answers, cross-outlet facts) is imperative.
- Advanced knowledge of JDA (Space Planning / ProSpace) or other plan-o-gramming software.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- Ability to synthesize a variety of data sources (consumer, shopper, loyalty) into presentations that are easily understood.
- Must be able to provide strong, executable recommendations that reflect the retailer and category strategy.
- Strong project and time management skills are required.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to build relationships.
- Must be proactive and performance driven, have a bias for action and be able to work under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills (French is an asset).
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.