Position Title: General Labour Roles Available AM/PM Shifts - 7 WALKER DRIVE BRAMPTON
Company: Maple Leaf Foods
Department: Manufacturing (hourly)
Date Posted: 2020-05-20 07:07:09
Location: 97 Walker Drive - Brampton
Reference No.: 13488968
Emp. Type: Full Time
Do you love taking on new challenges? Are you detail-oriented with the ability to problem solve under tight deadlines? Do you love working in a fast-paced environment? If this sounds like you, Maple Leaf Foods has the role for YOU!
We are looking for upbeat general labourers who thrive working in a team-based challenging environment!
Snapshot of your role:
The successful candidate will place appropriate quantities of components into the trays.
What you’ll learn:
- Organization and how to effectively meet or exceed productivity goals while maintaining high quality standards
- Communicating effectively in a team-based environment
- General troubleshooting and problem-solving in a fast paced-work environment
- Time management by learning how to effectively manage workloads based on business needs
Required Skills, Ability & Experience:
- Take an active role in changeover procedures and achieve line speed efficiencies
- Visual quality checks of product against customer and internal specifications (Including foreign materials and weight checks)
- Ability to maintain cleanliness of areas of responsibility
- Adhere to individual Product Standard Operating Procedures for components and packaging materials
- Must wear proper PPE and comply with Health and Safety requirements including ensuring power is shut down on equipment prior to specified tasks
- Frequent reaching and standing are required
- Other tasks as assigned
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Interact and share information with employees at all levels (Team members, Lead Hands, Supervisors, Others). Actively participates in their work group.
- Actively finds new and improved ways of completing tasks. Is willing to try new things and assume additional responsibilities (assists with changeovers, keeps up with line speed requirements)
- Employees may be required to complete aptitude testing
- For training purposes, you must be available to work the day shift
- Must be able to handle all food products and work in a cold environment
Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in
Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-285-5862. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.