Position Title: Electrician (Tuesday-Saturday)
Company: Maple Leaf Foods
Department: Not specified
Date Posted: 2020-06-03 13:43:14
Location: Bradford West Gwillimbury - ON
Reference No.: 13522247
Emp. Type: Full Time
Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
Maple Leaf Foods Bradford Plant is Hiring!
The Electrician reports directly to the Maintenance Supervisor/Manager.
Working closely with other team members, this role will have direct accountability for troubleshooting, repairing, installing electrical/mechanical services and equipment in the plant while also being responsible for ensuring that daily preventative maintenance tasks and repairs are carried out accordingly to meet production needs.
- Install, maintain, test, troubleshoot and repair of:
- Electrical equipment (AC Drives, power controls circuits, starters, motors, MCC's)
- Microprocessor based systems (PLC's. DCS, Electronic circuits, controls)
- Low and medium voltage distribution systems (single & three phase systems)
- Instrumentation (pneumatic controls, PID, transducers, servos, analog/digital signals)
- Power distribution & generation (generators, transformers, switchgears,
- Communication and Data Systems (closed circuit TV, timekeeping,
- HVAC, Emergency systems (refrigeration, energy control, alarm), hydraulic systems
- Conduct Planned Preventive & Predictive Maintenance and keep maintenance records
- Recommend and implement corrective action and required repairs
- Assist in planning, organizing of work activities (drawing interpretation, blue prints and schematics, parts preparation)
- Install new conduits, lighting fixtures, wiring, receptacles and other electrical components, examining or replace the old fixtures
- Check continuity, resistance, current or voltage of circuit for troubleshooting
WHY Maple Leaf Foods,
- Electrician license
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Mechanically Inclined
- Experience in a manufacturing environment would be an asset
- Must have a full complement of personal/professional hand tools
- Sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Strong team player as well ability to work alone
- Safety conscious
- Heavy lifting required
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Basic computer ability coupled with strong communication skills
- Highly motivated – able to work well with minimal supervision
- Experience in Food & Beverage Industry is an asset
• Training provided where needed
• Reputable company
• Competitive Wages
• Opportunities to participate in Benefits and Pension plans
• Great team environment
• Strong focus on internal advancement
• Employee Assistance Program
If interested, please send resume by email to: Elisa.email@example.com or apply to our job posting online. This position will remain open until filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment.