MANAGER, DIGITAL MARKETING SERVICES
Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in
Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
The Digital Marketing team is responsible for planning, managing and measuring Return-on-investment (ROI) for the company’s activities across a variety communication channels including MLF corporate sites, brand sites, social, mobile, Google, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, blogs, email, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and others.
This role is a key member of our team and a terrific leadership opportunity. Digital is now a key element of the marketing mix and the company has a terrific appetite to engage with it. This role will lead the education and collaboration with teams from across the company’s new Marketing matrix as we increase our investment in the Digital channel.
Our team will provide this assistance by delivering value in:
1) Ongoing education & sharing of best practices in the digital channel
2) Planning & Execution support for Marketing teams
3) Leveraging MLF digital infrastructure developed by Home Office to increase ROI on digital activities across the company
- Proactively ensure all Marketing teams understand, test & adopt the Digital marketing activities most appropriate for their business objectives consistent with Home Office Standard Operating Procedures
- Point contact and Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Marketing teams looking for information or help
- Collaborate with marketing teams to set objectives, plan, execute & measure performance of investments
- Sell-in value of Corporate Digital assets (eg. MapleLeaf.com, eNewsletter…)
- Ensuring use of best practices in Vendor Selection in conjunction with Home Office Purchasing
- Explore creative means of monetizing Digital channels to support Business Unit strategies
- Partner with Information Services (IS) to leverage myMLF consistent with digital strategy
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- 2-4 years in Marketing role leading strategy, planning, execution & performance measurement (preference for Digital experience or exposure)
- Post Secondary Degree / Diploma (preference for Business and / or Technology)
- Demonstrated passion for the Digital space, new trends and new technology
- Experience using digital / social / mobile platforms as a consumer
- Some exposure to Digital marketing programs
- Budgets & Project management
- Sales / Account Management
- Enthusiasm / Self-starter
- Appetite for continual learning
- Written & oral presentation skills
- Attention to detail
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment.