Position Title: Leadership Track Career Development Program
Company: Maple Leaf Foods
Date Posted: 2016-09-02 08:33:26
Location: Various - Canada
Reference No.: 8077324
Emp. Type: Full Time
LEADERSHIP TRACK CAREER DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
Do you have a passion for innovation, a desire to accelerate your transition from student to business professional while building a foundation for leadership and most of all, a craving for food? Well, the Leadership Track Program at Maple Leaf Foods is the perfect fit! Think of Maple Leaf Foods as a billion dollar start up in the food industry with the resources to fuel your ideas.
WHAT WILL YOU BE WORKING ON?
The Leadership Track Program is Maple Leaf Foods’ early leadership development program for talented, driven and ambitious graduates. Participants in this three-year rotational program will develop leadership and functional expertise in preparation to be a future Maple Leaf Foods leader.
The program consists of three dynamic and meaningful roles in a chosen functional track, including:
- You will be immersed in our marketing organization where learning could include brand and category management, customer insights and analytics, integrated communications and commercial campaign launches. You will either rotate through three different marketing roles or include one rotation in an adjacent function such as Sales or Product Development.
- You will have the opportunity to be externally-focused and customer-centric by learning how to excel at customer relationships and use data to support decision making to drive our sales and increase profit margins. You will either rotate through three different sales roles or include one rotation in an adjacent function such as Marketing or Product Development. Relocation may be required.
- You will rotate through positions and facilities developing both on the job supervisory experiences and leadership skills. In addition to production supervisor rotations, roles could include a rotation within Food Safety and Quality Assurance or Maintenance/Engineering. Relocation may be required.
- Information Solutions
- You will be working in a think-tank environment to ideate and implement new and innovative solutions and be part of the digital transformation at Maple Leaf Foods! You will have the opportunity to rotate through various IS teams such as Applications Services (SAP), Infrastructure, Operations Technology, Support Services, User Experience, or Project Management.
- Supply Chain/Purchasing & Logistics
- You will rotate through Supply Chain and Purchasing with opportunities that could include managing strategic customer alliances, supply planning, inventory management, customer service, transportation and shipping.
WHAT WILL YOU GET OUT OF THIS EXPERIENCE?
- Annual performance reviews along with ongoing coaching and constructive feedback. Significant emphasis is placed on a development action plan to ensure employees obtain the skills and experiences they need to achieve their maximum potential
- Senior level mentorship for both business and functional expertise and advice
- Learning and networking opportunities through organized workshops and activities
- Competitive salary, benefits and pension plan
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Graduated within the last 2 years or, soon to graduate from university or college with a minimum of an overall B average.
- Passionate and committed to manufacturing and operations.
- Strong affiliation with Maple Leaf’s Leadership Values
- Flexible and willing to relocate to take advantage of the best opportunities across Canada
- Demonstrated leadership through work experiences, volunteer roles, community activities and sports.
- Confident without being arrogant.
- High degree of energy and initiative demonstrated through involvement in school, clubs, community services, and sports.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Team player, with the ability to build and maintain working relationships.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in this incredible opportunity, here’s how to apply:
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- Prepare a cover letter, and outline in it the function you would like to apply for
- Include your cover letter, resume, and transcript (official or unofficial) with your application
- Apply online by Friday October 21, 2016
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-285-5862. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.